We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our staff
Outreach Data VISTA
Member Duties : Our VISTA will develop a 35 county research program for the expansion of the Connect2Help211 database focusing primarily on programs that alleviate food insecurity among those in poverty. The outline of this program, its scope, timeline and measurable goals will be set by the VISTA with input from managerial personnel. After defining the geographical areas of interest, our VISTA will research, contact and (in many cases) visit hospital systems, community centers, libraries and pantries to find additional resources not already included in our database. Our VISTA will be trained on the analysis required to vet new agencies, programs and program sites for use in the Connect2Help211 database, and may also be asked to update/confirm details on existing programs. Our VISTA will represent the agency in educating faith-based, government and social service agencies on 2-1-1 services and in community gatherings.
Skills: Program development, research, time management skills, and outreach. Our VISTA must be comfortable with public speaking, able to write professionally (following a style guide) and willing to travel.
Program Benefits : Stipend , Health Coverage* , Training , Education award upon successful completion of service .
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
Deadline for applications is April 4, 2016.
To apply for the Outreach Data VISTA position, please visit.
To see other available VISTA opportunities visit:
Information & Referral Specialists
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience, knowledge and a committed interest in social services;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including typing skills of 28 wpm or higher.
Starting wages are $12 per hour depending on education, skills and previous experience.
STEP 1: Go to http://www.careerstep.com/free-typing-test and test your typing speed. You must be able to type 28 wpm or higher to be qualified for this position. You will be tested prior to any interview.
STEP 2: Click here to take Connect2Help211 Employment Assessment.
STEP 3: Email firstname.lastname@example.org (If this link does not open a pre-addressed email on your computer, please copy and paste or type this address into your email window). Attach both a cover letter and resume. Documents may be in Word (*.doc, *.docx), Adobe PDF (*.pdf) or text (*.txt, *.rtf) formats. Only electronic submissions will be considered.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board Finance Committee; Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the agency’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to President/CEO and the board of directors.
- Continue to develop Connect2Help211’s human resources and administration.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- All other duties, as assigned.
CPA preferred or BS degree in Accounting with three to five years experience in non profit fund accounting, tax law, and supervision may be considered. Experience, education and training in all aspects of 501(c)3 accounting and all GAAP principles and regulations required.
Organized; flexible; high level of integrity.
Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of individuals and personalities; able to appropriately represent the agency in the community; able to be widely accepting of various systems, organizations and human conditions.
QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED APPLICANTS should send a detailed cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com
Connect2Help211 is an Award-Winning Employer
Benefits for most positions include:
- *200 hours of paid training;
- *Great medical, vision and dental insurance;
- *Retirement Plan;
- *Paid time off for both full and part time employees;
- *Life insurance;
- *Long and short term disability insurance;
- *Very FLEXIBLE scheduling (especially for students);
- *Bonus pay
What our employees are saying about Connect2Help211
“There is no better way to learn about social services in Indiana than to work for Connect2Help211.”
“Connect2Help211 management does a stellar job at recognizing and rewarding employees who do a good job.”
“This is a great place to work and we do great work for our clients.”